The TA-10B is used for checking whether sufficient firing current is available in a circuit to fire Exploding Bridgewire (EBW) detonators. Placing the TA-10B in the planned detonator position and triggering the firing unit also verifies the integrity of the firing cables. Binding posts allow the unit to be used with either twin lead or “C” cable. A neon bulb flashes when there is adequate current (approximately twice threshold) to properly fire an EBW detonator.Features
- May be used with twin lead cable (10 feet minimum).
- May be used with “C” cable (30 feet minimum).
- Minimum current flow is 450 amps peak (actuates neon lamp).
- Used for entire secondary explosive initiator system function check prior to detonator connection.
- Used for trigger and timing checks of firing system prior to detonator firing.
Caution: While EBW and EFI Initiators are inherently less susceptible to accidental detonation during handling and set-up than devices containing primary explosives, electrical and electronic firing systems are sensitive to transient electrical energies which could cause premature triggering or firing. The blasting area must be clear of personnel and equipment before the detonator leads are connected to any RISI Firing System. Only approved RISI Firing Systems should ever be used to initiate or detonate any explosive product manufactured and authorized for sale by RISI.|